SASLO’s lawyers have extensive experience handling all phases of the most complex and technical arbitration disputes, including advising on claims and defence strategies, drafting arbitration agreements and contracts, complying with procedural orders, conducting hearings and applications and when necessary, seeking recourse in courts with respect to enforcement of arbitration agreements, awards or provisional relief. Our lawyers are multilingual, culturally diverse, and admitted to practice in a wide variety of jurisdictions.
Our experience consists of:
- Representing a wide range of clients both private and public Omani or foreign entities, in an ad-hoc or institutional domestic or international arbitration,
- Pursuing or defending disputes in variety of areas including construction in different seats both locally and abroad, adopting various arbitration rules such asICC, DIFC, UNCITRAL, Ad-Hoc and under different governing laws;
- Being appointed as sole arbitrators, party-appointed member of a tribunal or the presiding chairman of a tribunal ;
- Appearing in Omani courts for arbitration-related applications particularly challenges to jurisdiction, enforcement of awards and interim measures;
- Being appointed as Omani law or legal experts in local and international arbitrations and court proceedings;
- Advising and assisting settlements negotiations and agreements;
- Advising and assisting clients in the selection and appointment of counsels, experts and consultants.
SASLO regularly advises on highly sensitive and complex disputes. The firm is particularly strong in construction arbitration and our Managing Partner, Mr. Said Al Shahry is recognised as the Eminent Practitioner in the field by the most reputable legal directories, most recently by The 2021 edition of Chambers Global.