Capital markets is core to our practice. We regularly act as sole legal counsel for Omani joint stock companies and leading banks in Oman across the full spectrum of capital markets work, including:
- Primary and secondary issues of equity and debt on the Muscat Securities Market;
- Secondary issues (including rights issues and private placements) of equity and debt on the Muscat Securities Market;
- The structuring and establishment of investment funds (both open and closed ended, and both listed and unlisted)
We advise, amongst other things, on:
- The application of Oman’s Capital Market Law and the Executive Regulations to the Capital Market Law to capital markets transactions;
- The application of Oman’s Companies Law, and the executive regulations published thereunder, to public joint stock companies and to capital markets transactions;
- The application of Oman’s Codes of Corporate Governance;
- The application of Oman’s Takeover Regulations
We also regularly advise foreign clients on the regulation of offer and marketing of securities in Oman.
We share a close working relationship with the Capital Market Authority, the Muscat Securities Market and the Muscat Clearing and Depositary Company. Our team has been involved in some of Oman’s most significant ECM and DCM transactions in recent years.