We regularly advise leading principals and distributors on all aspects of their agency arrangements in Oman. We have advised on some of the most high-profile agency agreements in Oman, and we draft these agreements to anticipate the disputes and claims that regularly arise under agency agreements (both contractually and under applicable law and practice in Oman).
Our advice extends, amongst other things, to:
- The application of the Foreign Capital Investment Law and the Commercial Register Law to foreign manufacturers/supplies wishing to distribute goods or services in Oman;
- The structuring and drafting of agency arrangements;
- The drafting of payment and compensation provisions in agency agreements, having regard to the application of the Commercial Agency Law;
- The registration of agency agreements under the Commercial Agency Law and the Commercial Register Law;
- The interpretation of agency agreements in the context of the Commercial Agency Law;
- The application of restrictions on the contractual choice of law, courts and arbitration;
- The application of the Commercial Agency Law to claims and disputes under agency agreements;
- The application of the Commercial Agency Law and the Competition Law to agency arrangements.